Monday, September 8, 2008

ConFIDence....

"Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack

The courage to serve them with reliance
Face my mistakes without defiance
Show them I'm worthy
And while I show them
I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems
I'll do better than my best
I have confidence they'll put me to the test
But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that spring will come again
Besides what you see I have confidence in me!"


This is how I feel! I feel like Maria when she decided she had confidence in herself! See below:

Why do I feel this way you ask? Well the reason is that after starting a new job and trying to learn everything I decided that this is my theme song! Let me first explain a little what I am doing to clarify it in your mind. I am working at a law firm. My job title is project assistant/ back-up receptionist. I started 1 week and a half ago, but have only actually worked 5 days total. Today was my 5th day and I have only been training with the receptionist. Now let me tell you, I have a new found respect for people who answer phones all day! We have 26+ attorneys with lots of secretaries for them. We have a handful each of project assistants, and runners. The front desk answers all the phone calls and has to direct them accordingly. Not only do I answer all the phone calls, but I have to sort all the mail, accept all the faxes and sent them out to who they need to go to, enter in costs, write checks (I wrote at least 10 in the 3 hours I was there), adjusts costs, give money to the runners, etc. I about died the first day when the receptionist (I'll call her Ann) told me the next phone call was mine! Ann has been doing this for 15 years, and does it all without thinking! Fast forward to today, I FINALLY get the hang of pretty much everything! I didn't get all nervous every time the phone rang, there were even a few times when 3 or more lines were ringing and I handled them beautifully! I entered in at least 50 pages of costs with ease. I wrote checks in an exquisite manner. After I had been there today for over an hour I turned to Ann and said, "I think I've finally got it!"

"Besides what you see I have confidence in me!"


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats awesome that you got the hang of things that sounds like crazyness! nice theme song too..i seemed to forget all about that movie...hahah

Paul and Jill said...

Wow! Sounds a little scary. But nice that you were able to catch on so quick. Sounds like a fun job after figuring it all out. Enjoy! And it's always nice to feel good about yourself with something. Helps keep you happy!
Jill

Paul and Jill said...

Wow! Sounds a little scary. But nice that you were able to catch on so quick. Sounds like a fun job after figuring it all out. Enjoy! And it's always nice to feel good about yourself with something. Helps keep you happy!
Jill

Paul and Jill said...

sorry, don't know how i got two of them. You can delete one if you want.
Jill

Larsen said...

Hey stranger! Feels like forever since we chated, eh?

Sounds like things have changed a lot for you: kids and job-wise that is.

Hope things are going well!

Gina

Gallant Family said...

You are my hero. I have done secretarial work before and I know how scary it is at first. Are you working where John is??? If so, that is awesome. If not, then that's okay too. I take it you are holding together okay! You'll have to let me know how the party went. You did have it already, right??? Catch you later!

Vanilla Ace