Monday, June 4, 2012

Mucus Brain...

There is scientific proof that a woman's brain actually shrinks during pregnancy.  It is what I have called "pregnancy brain." During pregnancy woman has a valid reason for having dumb moments. I have experienced this when I was pregnant with my girls. 


During the last few weeks I have been ailing with an upper respiratory infection.  Which basically means that I have multiple infections going on in my head.  The great part of this is the never ending stream of bright green mucus that would exit through my nose and mouth at all times of the day and night.  I would be coughing and sneezing at the same time, and if I didn't have a tissue--okay you should be getting a picture of what was happening. No need for me to go into further gory details. 


While going through these delightful mucus filled days, I found myself not being too smart. I would instantly forget something that someone just told me,  I wouldn't understand something really simple being explained to me, etc.  My cousin was here with me and we dubbed these occurrences "this is your brain on mucus" aka "mucus brain."  Luckily my mucus filled days are seeming to be behind me, and I hope my brain isn't clouded by it anymore. I have been able to sleep and breath, which I appreciate more than anyone can know! 
Glad this guy no longer resides with me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was grooss! tmi for me...but soo glad that fat mucus guy isn't with you anymore. hes ugly. lol