Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scars and Stories...

This album has been on repeat on my iPod for the last 2 months. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FRAY!  Their previous album was amazingly brilliant, and this one is sensationally wonderful. You could say I am a little teensy tiny bit obsessed.  (Just found that I posted about The Fray here and here, I like them lots!)


Two years ago the husband and I saw them in concert.  We were so blown away by the sheer talent of this band.  We have been waiting for them to come back close for us to go see them again!  Well the time has come and we will see them 2 times this year!  WHOOT WHOOT! (I am not going out of control crazy about it either- I promise! I am the epitome of calm cool and collected)


On every album there is one song that the guitarist/backup vocalist, Joe King, sings lead on.  While I love Issac's voice, I always look forward to what I have dubbed "Joe's song." On this current album "Joe's song" happens to be my very favorite song on the album.  The song is called "Rainy Zurich", and it is all sorts of feel goodery (it's a word if I say it's a word) that I love. In fact, being the humble person I am, I have decided this song would be even better with ME singing WITH Joe King (The Fray).  Yes, that is the conclusion I have come to. While that may sound a little strange, if you think that, just remember that this blog is dedicated to "my thoughts."  With that in mind, it is acceptable for me to be sharing these thoughts.  


[Just incase Joe King has "Google name alert"on, I may be entering his name and The Fray, more often than needed.  You never know.]  


Now since I no longer have the music on my sidebar, I think it is necessary that I include the song that I am talking about.  [For potential Google Alert purposes: This is Joe King (The Fray) singing "Rainy Zurich"]

No comments: