Saturday, April 4, 2009

Need a little Faith…

For our Primary Activity last month we had the kids plant some Rye grass in little pots. My friend who is the 1st counselor had done a test run to see if the grass would grow. She did this over a month before our activity. Well nothing happened. I think she actually planted the seeds 3 times. When we did it at the activity we had no idea if the seeds would actually grow. My girls had faith that theirs would grow. The Primary president's husband has said he asked all the kids if anyone had grass growing. No one did, but WE DO! One is doing better than the other, but they are growing a ton! They love their grass!

A couple weeks ago hubs had to go out of town for work for most of the week. I hate it when he's gone, and I don't think I can function, let alone sleep. But this time I had faith that I would be fine and guess what I was! Well sort of. I ended up getting sick, BUT it was ok because the kids were so great at taking care of themselves and hubs was actually able to some home 6 hours earlier than he was originally scheduled.

Last week I decided that I need to quit my job. Now this was not an easy decision. I liked working, but I couldn't handle the bad way that I was treated by some of the other employees. (FYI: hubs works there and no it was not him who was treating me bad!) After I put in my notice I got a little freaked out when I thought about being home by myself while the kids are at school. After all, that was the WHOLE reason I got that job, so I wouldn't be alone! After the initial shock faded I decided that I would have faith that it will all work out and miraculously my fear subsided and was replaced by a peaceful feeling! I am actually now looking forward to being home and discovering myself and drenching myself in projects and being able to have more time to be with my family.

Today I realized that having faith is actually not easy. In the scriptures it reads: "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."- Matt. 17: 20

That last phrase that I put in bold is so profound to me! Imagine that if you just have enough faith that NOTHING shall be impossible to you! Grass will grow. Being home by yourself won't be horrible. Fear will disappear. You can move a mountain!

I think we all just need a little faith…




3 comments:

Paul and Jill said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is amazing what can be done with faith. I think it is something we all need a little more. Thanks for reminding me!
-Jill

Gallant Family said...

You said it perfectly. Awesome thought...thanks CD! I'll get to working on your blog tomorrow...I hope.

Mike and Jenny said...

Great post! Love the pic of the rye grass!!!