Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Workcation?

Last week I made an 8 hour trek in the car with the kiddos to visit my sister (8 hours there, 8 hours back!). My sister is a CRAZY fool (you know you are:P) and just had her third baby. Her other children are boy 3, boy 1, now baby girl currently one month old. Like I said she's a crazy fool! So being the good sister I am I came to help her out. I grocery shopped, cooked, cleaned, drove us around with FIVE kids, etc. Oh and I also got to hold this:




I just think that she is the SWEETEST thing! But it does help that I am her aunt and she is my only niece (from my side of the fam). Oh and here is a picture of the quilt she is laying on that I made, all by myself!

It's a little wrinkly from the traveling it did, but you get the idea of it. Hmmm...I think I need to show you a close up, you know, just so you can get the full detail of the quilt:
Yes that is definitely better!

p.s. 10 more DAYS!

8 comments:

Paul and Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul and Jill said...

Nice job on the quilt! Where do you find the time? But it's gorgeous. I wish I could actually finish a project. Do you remember Carl Mackley from HS? He is my new neighbor. Kinda fun!

-Jill

Anonymous said...

we do love that you came to visit us. and hold lil mookala..she does love that blanket you made for her! those are the cutest pics of her good job on taking them...haha

amelia and crew said...

I'm commenting so you know that I do read and enjoy your blog. Whiner!

Gallant Family said...

Man, you are so good at getting your projects finished. I have probably hundreds that are still laying around the house. The blanket looks so good. I love the 'rag' look and how it's just on the flowers {at least I think it's just on the flowers}. I can't wait for Aug. 1st at 9:00 for our ParTaY!!!!

Larsen said...

love that you have a look entirely dedicated to Twilight.

fun and sweet little quilt you stinking talented person you.

darling niece.

xoxo

gina

Lindsay said...

"Only niece"
Last time I counted you actually had quite a few nieces...but whatever! j/k
Beautiful baby and beautiful quilt! Good job to both your sister and you!
Lindsay

destiny said...

Ok, correction, I have a total of lots of nieces, actually there are mostly nieces on the hubs side of the family. This is my only niece on MY side of the family!

Sorry Lindz! I know you knew what I meant! LOVE YOU! And my other cute nieces!